Thursday 16 May 2013

JUICING IS HERE.

Pulp Kitchen Juice

Recently, someone in LA told me that juicing is going to be all over Toronto in a year or two.  Well, I hate to disappoint, but we may be a little quicker on the uptake than expected!  The city is starting to see a small flourish of juice bars, each offering dozens of varieties of fresh pressed juices, smoothies, and healthy shakes.

Pulp Kitchen is one of two juice bars in my neighbourhood, and it's my favourite because of it's approachable attitude and reasonable pricing.  They offer all of their juices to go, as well as a take out menu selection, which includes everything from vegan sandwiches and panini's to fresh salads and gluten free baked treats.  The food is yummy and healthy.

They also offer a three day juice cleanse, at a much more affordable price than any other juice bar I've seen.  Since I've been wanting to try this out for a while, I decided now was the time.  It's a simple program, including three juices a day, to be taken in the morning, afternoon, and evening, repeated for three days.  Along with a whole lot of water, that's the plan in a nutshell.  The owner of the store did kindly tell me that if I was having trouble, I could sip on coconut water and if I really needed it, some broth as well.

As you  can see from the above picture, I was not able to resist drinking my first juice of the day before snapping pictures!  I can't lie - I'm hungry.  However, I am able to do it.  Adding in coconut water does help, and I've just been trying to lay low so I don't get too "hangry" (hunger induced anger).  The first day, I had a massive headache, but by day three I actually felt pretty good.  I like to think that is my body ridding itself of all it's toxins!  I also noticed that I slept amazingly well every night, waking up early and refreshed each morning.

Now, it's day 4 and I'm supposed to ease back in to regular foods, starting with mostly raw foods for the first day.  But I seriously want to bite into a big sandwich right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment